*This post is sponsored by ALDI USA. All opinions are 100% my own.
I don’t know about you, but by the end of the year my kitchen is overflowing with unhealthy, sugar-filled foods. As soon as January hits, I’m ready to clean out my refrigerator and fill it with healthier options that my entire family will enjoy. However, with prices rising all around us, I knew this task could get expensive fast. To keep my spending low, I decided to create my own personal challenge where I restock my kitchen on a budget. I chose ALDI because not only do they have better-for-you options, but their products are affordable as well. I’m calling it the ALDI Kitchen Restock Challenge.
My goal was simple: I gave myself $50 to restock my home with healthy, organic, and affordable foods all from ALDI.
At first, I was a little nervous. Would I be able to get enough food for $50?
Thankfully, ALDI came through in the end. I enjoyed walking up and down the aisles searching for foods that would allow me to make quick and healthy dinners. I’m even sharing one of my family’s favorite dinner recipes below. It’s my ideal type of meal: healthy, easy, and kid-approved!
ALDI $50 Kitchen Restock Challenge
Want to join me in my challenge? Now is the perfect time of year to complete your own kitchen restock challenge. Not only will this provide healthier options for your family, but it will make you feel good at the end of the day.
Here’s how my ALDI $50 Kitchen Restock Challenge works:
- Head to your nearest ALDI. With over 2,000 stores in the US, there’s bound to be one near you.
- Pick out healthy foods that your family will love. I personally filled my cart with vegetables and protein.
- Keep track of how much you’re spending as you shop. I jotted down the prices of items on a piece of paper.
- Spend under $50.
That’s it! You’ll be amazed at how many high-quality, healthy and even organic foods you can find at ALDI.
Because I try to cook dinner at home 5-6 nights each week, I need options that won’t take away time from my kids. Thankfully, I’m the queen of fast dinners. I’m even sharing one of our family favorite dinner recipes down below!
When I decided to restock my kitchen, I knew my main focus needed to be on foods that would allow me to make healthy and easy dinners. I kept my eyes open for vegetables, meats, and sides that I could throw together super quick.
I’m so excited with what I found! Check out the picture below to see everything I bought for my kitchen restock.
I bet you’re wondering how much I actually spent at ALDI. I’m thrilled to share that I didn’t even spend the full $50. Everything you see above came out to only $49.38! We can all consider that a win!
*Note prices may vary by store location.
Here’s everything I bought broken down into categories:
We are a family that has protein each night for dinner, so I knew I had to grab options that my kids and husband would like.
Here’s what we got:
- Never Any! Fresh ABF Chicken Breasts
- Never Any! Apple Chicken Sausage
- Simply Nature Organic 100% Grass Fed Ground Beef
We love having chicken on hand for simple crockpot meals or easy grilling recipes. The same is true for ground beef. I personally love that ALDI offers organic grass-fed ground beef at such an amazing price. I couldn’t pass up the chicken sausage because it’s an easy option for a quick dinner when you’ve had a busy day.
Fruits and Vegetables
I’m vowing to encourage my picky children to eat more vegetables this year. One way to do that is to offer an option at every dinner I make.
Below are the fruits and vegetables I made sure to grab:
- Simply Nature Organic Baby Spinach
- Organic Baby Carrots
- Organic Blueberries
- Organic Broccoli
- Simply Nature Organic Sweet Potatoes
- Simply Nature Organic Broccoli Florets
- Season’s Choice Garlic Riced Cauliflower
I made sure to grab both fresh and frozen vegetables. I personally try to cook all my fresh vegetables early in the week and rely on frozen vegetables for the end of the week when I’m not as thrilled to cook dinner. This process has worked wonders for me and keeps us eating healthy meals at home instead of grabbing takeout!
Grains, Dairy, and Cooking Essentials
The rest of my items consisted of staples that we could use for breakfast, sides, snacks, or in many meals to come.
Here’s the rest of what I bought:
- Simply Nature Organic Quinoa
- Simply Nature Organic 2% Milk
- Park Street Deli Hummus
- Simply Nature Grade A Organic Cage Free Brown Eggs
- Simply Nature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
These final items completed my ALDI $50 Kitchen Restock Challenge. I’m excited to have a kitchen that has healthy options at an affordable price. Are you willing to try my ALDI $50 Kitchen Restock Challenge?
Easy Chicken Sausage and Veggie Dinner
If you know me, then you know that I don’t enjoy cooking dinner. There’s something about standing around in a hot room and making a mess that bothers me. I’ve learned over the years that I’m a much happier wife and mom when I’m able to find dinner ideas that are quick, healthy, and have little cleanup.
This Easy Chicken Sausage and Veggie Dinner is just that! Plus, it’s a kid and husband approved meal. When I first made this for my family, my husband was so excited and immediately asked me to add this recipe to our meal rotation. This dinner recipe can be made in an air fryer, oven or even on the stove. I personally make it in the air fryer because that’s my preferred method of cooking. All of the ingredients listed can be found at ALDI.
I hope you’ll give this recipe a try!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 – 12 minutes
Total Time: 15 – 17 minutes
- 1 pack Never Any! Apple Chicken Sausage
- 1 bag Simply Nature Organic Broccoli Florets
- 1 bag Simply Nature Organic Sweet Potatoes
- 1 bag Season’s Choice Garlic Riced Cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp Simply Nature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer for 4 minutes. (If cooking in the oven, preheat the oven to 375℉.)
- Slice the chicken sausage into 1 inch pieces and add to a large bowl.
- Add the bag of frozen Simply Nature Organic Broccoli Florets and Simply Nature Organic Sweet Potatoes to the bowl.
- Pour Simply Nature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the bowl and toss until sausage and vegetables are coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Air fry in batches (depending on the size of your air fryer) at 350℉ for 10 to 12 minutes, shaking halfway, until vegetables are cooked and soft. Using a 6 quart air fryer I was able to cook it all in one batch. (If cooking in the oven, cook at 375℉ for 15 minutes.)
- While chicken sausage and vegetables are cooking, cook the Season’s Choice Garlic Riced Cauliflower by following the directions on the back of the bag.
Be sure to add this meal to your next meal plan!
Why I Chose ALDI For My Kitchen Restock Challenge
ALDI never ceases to impress me when I visit their store. I even brought my mom with me last time, and she was so excited by all the healthy and organic options they offer. ALDI prides itself in their high-quality, healthy and organic foods. They test each and every product they offer to ensure you’re getting the freshest foods out there.
Plus, ALDI is a great option for every budget. One thing I love is that their products are much more affordable compared to other stores. I personally would rather spend less on my groceries each month so I can save even more money for our next family vacation!
Another perk about ALDI is its simple and well-designed layout. I’m a busy mom, business owner, and trying to keep my household running smoothly (which can be a challenge at times). I love that ALDI only carries a smaller selection of the best products. Instead of carrying what feels like a million peanut butter options, they only carry a few of the best options out there. Because of this, their store is easier to get through. This makes grocery shopping quick and efficient. ALDI even offers curbside pickup and delivery!
Now is the time to try ALDI when it comes to your grocery shopping. I’d also love it if you took my ALDI $50 Kitchen Restock Challenge. I think you’re going to love it!