You’ve probably heard of positive affirmations. Well, I’d like to introduce you to money affirmations! Much like positive affirmations, they work to help change your overall mindset and evoke positive energy towards money.
How do you feel when you use a credit card? Or how about when you look at your bank account? If it’s anything other than love and joy, we need to change that! While there’s a lot that goes into changing your finances for the better, money affirmations are one of the best things we can do to improve our attitude and mood towards our finances.
What Are Money Affirmations?
It’s true that you believe what you tell yourself. Money affirmations are simple statements reflecting finances that you can repeat to yourself. Through repetition, these affirmations slowly work to change your conscious and subconscious thoughts.
It may feel silly saying these statements, but you really will notice a difference. They’ve been medically proven to make a difference. Over time, you’ll feel more confident and believe in your abilities to secure a strong financial future.
Don’t expect these affirmations to work immediately! Essentially, you’re reversing and replacing your negative thought process, and this takes time. But, a positive mindset creates positive change.
Here are some money affirmations you can use to get inspired.
Money Affirmations For Overcoming Debt
These affirmations work for those who are struggling to see a light at the end of the tunnel of debt. I personally know how difficult it can be to overcome debt, and it’s nice to have a reminder that one day it will all be paid off.
- I take back my money power.
- My debt does not control me.
- I set free all my negative emotions over money.
- Financial freedom is not a fantasy. It will be my future.
- I am in control of my money. Money doesn’t control me.
- I am not poor; I am on a path to a wealthier life.
- Everyone is entitled to a prosperous life, including me.
- I can stick to a budget and track my expenses.
Money Affirmations For Saving Money
Nothing gets me as excited as putting money into savings! Here are some affirmations for those who are working hard to put away money.
- Every dollar I save puts me closer to my financial goals.
- I enjoy the challenge of saving more money.
- My positive attitude and energy attract more money.
- I have fun managing and investing my money.
- I genuinely love my work and enjoy making more money.
- Money is my friend.
- Money comes to me in unexpected and expected ways.
- My abilities can bring in more money whenever I want to.
Money Affirmations For Change
Money can lead to a big change in the world, whether on an individual or global scale. Remind yourself of the power of money with these affirmations.
- I am generous with my money.
- I can be the breadwinner.
- My money can create a better life.
- I deserve to negotiate and have a higher salary.
- The more time I focus on happiness, the more money I will make.
- Money opens up opportunities in my life.
- I have plenty of wealth beyond money.
- My money can change the world.
- I will be wealthy, happy, and healthy.
- I control my financial life.
Money Affirmations For Wealth
Call this the money tree because you’ll be feeling as rich as Jeff Bezos after reciting these wealth-inspiring money affirmations.
- I can make unlimited money.
- Every dollar I spend comes back to me doubled.
- I can earn more money than I need safely.
- Anyone deserves to be wealthy, including me.
- My income has limitless potential.
- I deserve to earn more money.
- I have all the money I need to live happily and comfortably.
- Today, no matter where I stand, I can focus on what I want.
- I am what a wealthy person looks like.
How To Practice Money Affirmations
Now that you have your money affirmations selected, it’s time to recite them. And yes, I did say affirmations! You can have multiple affirmations. Take as many that feel right to your situation and inspire some kind of emotional resonance.
Place your money affirmations somewhere you go often. This encourages you to recite and read them every day. A sticky note on the mirror, as your lock screen background on your phone, or even framed on the wall will all work well.
At the very least, you should be dedicating time to your affirmations at least once a day. The key is to practice them often and consistently to feel their shift. You can say the words aloud or even try writing them in a journal. Journaling helps to clear your thoughts and get your emotions out, which helps in all facets of life!
You can also use your affirmations when you’re feeling a certain way, such as overwhelmed, sad, or stressed. Over time, it will overturn those emotions.
Make Your Own Money Affirmations
These affirmations are meant to only be the inspiration for you to make your own. Creating your own money affirmation is much more powerful as it will directly reflect your goals and feelings.
To make your own, write out the statement in the present tense as if it has already happened. Only write from the first person (your point of view, I) so that you are the only focus here. The statement should always be positive and never negative. For instance, turn “I will not spend money on shoes” into “I will spend my money purposefully.”
Keep your affirmations specific and simple. Incorporate words of feeling like joy, love, freedom, optimism, and more to make them full of positive energy.
If you’re having a hard time coming up with positive statements, write down the negative feeling you have and just reverse it. Remember, it doesn’t have to be fancy. As long as it speaks to you, the money affirmations will get to work!
If you feel comfortable, leave your own money affirmation in the comments down below so we can all get inspired and lift each other up.
Your Money Matters
Your budget is the foundation to your finances. It determines the vacations you take, the savings you accrue, and the retirement you’ll enjoy!
Ready to make your budget WORK?
Sign up for my Free Budget Class below! You’ll get my 4 Step Budget Framework that will help you meet your money goals without giving up your weekly latte run.