Have you heard about Fetch Rewards? I’ve been using it for a while and it’s now one of my favorite apps to earn free gift cards! This guide will show you how easy it is to use the Fetch Rewards App to earn free gift cards!
If you enjoy earning cashback when you go shopping, then you have to try Fetch Rewards. It is one of the easiest apps to use because it literally does all the work for you. All you have to do is scan and upload your receipts.
What Is Fetch Rewards?
If you are going to use just one rebate app on your phone, make it Fetch Rewards. It’s the easiest one of all.
Fetch Rewards is legit! It’s a company based in Madison, Wisconsin and they have more than 2.5 million monthly users.
To use this app, all you do is scan and upload your receipts – from literally anywhere you shop (even Amazon!). Then, Fetch Rewards reads your receipt and adds points to your account based on any qualifying purchases you happened to make.
What I LOVE is that Fetch Rewards automatically searches the receipt for qualifying purchases. This means you don’t have to scan through the app to check if you bought anything that qualifies for points. The app does it all for you!
You can let the points accrue in your account for up to 90 days. When you earn enough points, just trade them in for gift cards. It’s so easy!
How To Earn Free Gift Cards With Fetch Rewards
There are four ways to earn free gift cards with Fetch Rewards. One of them is the most popular and easiest way – but check out all of them so you can get the most out of this amazing app.
Here are the easiest ways to earn points in the Fetch Rewards app.
1. Take Advantage of Special Offers
The first way to earn points is to pay attention to the “Special Offers” section of the app and buy anything that you see there.
These special offers really pay off! You might find an offer of 3,000 extra points just for spending $15 on a specific snack. Remember, 1,000 points equals $1 so that one offer gives you $3 that you can put towards a gift card!
2. Buy Participating Brands
Another spot in the app that you’ll want to check out is the “Discover” tab. This lists the most current brands that qualify for points. As you go grocery shopping, grab a few things from those brands and you’ll earn more points. There are more than 200 participating brands, so you are sure to find something you already buy on this list.
3. Scan Every Single Receipt
You will earn even a few points for every single receipt, even if you don’t always buy name-brand foods. It’s worth it to take a few seconds to scan and upload all of your receipts.
Keep in mind that there is a limit to how many receipts you can upload. You are only allowed to submit 14 receipts in a rolling 7-day period. If you can keep it under 14, then it is worth it to scan your receipts every time you go shopping.
Another way to scan receipts is to connect your Amazon account to Fetch Rewards. Then, whenever you shop, your electronic receipt will be added to your Fetch Rewards account automatically. Just know that Amazon purchases count towards the 14 receipt-limit.
4. Refer Friends and Family
Another way to earn points is to refer family and friends to the app. Go to the “me” tab in the app. You’ll find a unique code that you can share with anyone you know. This code will typically give your friends free bonus points after they upload their first receipt which makes it a win-win for everyone!
When someone uploads their first receipt after using your code, you will receive anywhere from 2,000 to 4,000 points. Easy!
Fetch Rewards Limits
As amazing as this app is, there are rules and limits that you need to be aware of. It’s a good idea to pay close attention to the limits before you use the app so that nothing takes you by surprise. Thankfully, these are pretty easy to follow.
Weekly Receipt Limit
There is a limit on how many receipts you can submit within a rolling seven-day period.
Every seven days, you can only upload a maximum of 14 receipts. This includes online receipts from purchases you make through Amazon if you connect your Amazon account to Fetch Rewards.
Receipt Age Limit
There is also a limit on how old the receipts can be. You must only upload receipts that show purchases you made within the past 14 days. Anything older than 14 days will not be accepted.
Keep Your Account Active
Your points will not expire as long as you continuously use your account. If you stop opening the app and don’t use it for 90 days straight, your points will expire.
This means that as long as you actively use the app all year long, you can save up your points and use them for gift cards for birthdays and even Christmas.
How To Turn Fetch Rewards Points Into Gift Cards
It’s really easy to turn points into gift cards. Remember, 1,000 points are equal to $1.00 in rewards. Keep making qualifying purchases and referring people and watch the points add up.
Most rewards have a minimum exchange of 3,000 points. This does come with a few caveats. For example, $3 gift cards for popular brands like Target and Amazon actually cost an additional 500 points.
You can keep track of how many points you have by tapping on the “Rewards” section of the menu. Once you have earned enough points to exchange them for the gift cards you want, here’s how to redeem them.
- Go to the “Rewards” section of your app. Tap the icon that matches how many points you want to redeem.
- Select the gift card you want and choose the reward amount. There are SO MANY to choose from, so scan through them all and pick your favorite!
- To use the gift card, go back into the “Rewards” section but then go to “My Rewards.” Here is where you’ll see the current rewards. Tap the image of the gift card. A code will be texted and emailed to you.
- Use the 4-digit code to access your gift card. Click “validate.”
- Click “Go To My Rewards” to see your gift card. Tap “view this reward” to see the gift card.
- After you use your gift card, go back to this page and click “Mark as used” so that you don’t use it again.
The help section on Fetch Rewards is really easy to use. If you ever have any questions, they probably have the answer here.
You can search for rewards within categories inside your app. The app also has a search field where you can type in the name of the gift card you want.
Remember, when you exchange your points for a gift card, a 4 digit redemption code will then be sent to both the email address and phone number that are associated with your account. If you don’t get the text with the redemption code, check your email.
What To Do If You Didn’t Get Points For A Qualifying Brand
Since this app relies on reading receipts, it could mess up from time and time. Thankfully, it’s really easy to edit and fix! Here’s how to edit your receipt within the app to receive the points you earned.
If you notice that a qualifying purchase didn’t show up as points in your account, here’s how to manually add it.
- Go to “Activity” section of the app. It is on the bottom menu.
- Swipe the screen sideways until you find the receipt with the missing purchase.
- Click/tap the pencil icon located by the store banner. You can also scroll down to the bottom until you see “Correct my receipt”.
- Either select the item you want to change or tap “+ Add an item that was missed”.
- Select or add the item and tap “Change Item”.
- Verify that the quantity and price are correct – if not, adjust them. If you can’t find the item, use the associated generic brand of it.
- Tap “Yes, submit” to have your receipt reviewed.
Another way to adjust it is to re-scan the barcode when you correct the receipt.
Fetch Rewards Gift Cards Have Different Rules
Pay close attention to the rules and instructions around the gift cards that you choose as some merchants have different rules.
Most Fetch Rewards gift cards will be delivered electronically. This is fantastic if you enjoy shopping online. Most brick and mortar stores will still accept electronic gift cards, especially if you save it to your phone where they can scan it at the store.
Another thing that differs from merchant to merchant is how many points it takes to earn a gift card. Some merchants require a minimum of 3,000 points before you can trade it in for a $3.00 gift card, others only require 1,000 points.
What Kind Of Gift Cards Can You Earn With Fetch Rewards
There are tons of different types of gift cards you can earn with Fetch Rewards. Check out the Fetch Rewards page for the most updated list.
Here is a brief summary of the most popular types of gift cards you can earn. This is not an exclusive list but a summary with just a few examples.
- Electronics – AMC Theaters, XBOX, Fandango
- Charity – Clean Water Fund, GLAAD, American Cancer Society
- Home Goods – Crate and Barrel, HomeGoods, Bed Bath and Beyond
- Restaurants – Burger King, Buffalo Wild Wings, Chili’s, Panera, Texas Roadhouse
- Retail – Amazon, Kohl’s, Macy’s, CVS Pharmacy, Marshall’s, Barnes & Noble
- Travel – Airbnb, Delta Airlines, Hotels.com, Southwest
- MasterCard/Visa – Virtual MasterCard, Visa
You can also earn iTunes gift cards, and Google Play gift cards, too. The list keeps getting longer, too!
Spend Your Gift Cards Wisely
As someone who loves to budget and save money, I always have a plan on how I want to use my Fetch Rewards gift cards. Because they are FREE money, they can help lighten your budget during the month.
Below are a few examples of how you can spend your gift cards wisely to make the most of them and your budget.
- Save your gift cards for Christmas. If you’ve ever experienced the stress of shopping for Christmas on a tight budget, then you know that it’s not fun! Saving your gift cards specifically for Christmas gifts helps you lighten your budget in December so that you aren’t tempted to charge everything on a credit card!
- Spend them on birthday gifts. Want to take the stress off of buying family birthday gifts? Save your free Fetch Rewards gift cards to buy birthday gifts! This allows you to skip the spending on birthdays.
- Use your free gift card on something you actually need. If you want to save more money, then use your free gift cards to cover items that you actually need. For instance, a simple Amazon gift card can buy items like toilet paper, diapers, and cleaning supplies for your house. This allows you to spend less at the store and in turn save money!
- Buy something you want. As someone who LOVES to splurge, I personally use my Fetch Rewards gift cards to buy something that I want. This allows me to still enjoy splurging every now and then without going over budget!
Fetch Rewards is one of the easiest cashback apps that you will ever use. It’s as easy as scanning receipts – they do all the work for you! Plus, connecting your Amazon account makes it even easier. It’s also really easy to keep track of how much you’ve earned since 1,000 points are equal to one dollar. That’s so easy!
If you are going to use just one rebate app, I suggest Fetch Rewards. It takes no learning curve and anyone can use it, no matter how busy they are.